Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Transparancy Overlay


So I totally wanted to try this the second I saw this stamp. I finally got around to it today. I am glad I had a box of transparencies that were free.....cause I wasted several! I got this bright idea to stamp it in white craft ink. So I did 6 and left them to dry. I came back several hours later and they were still completely wet. I asked around and found that pigment ink doesn't really dry on transparencies. OOPS!
So then I tried to heat set it....this just kinda warped the transparency. Oh well. I tossed all of those and moved on to a new idea. Ideally, I would use white stazon. But I don't have that (good thing I was putting in an order today - I will have some soon!!). My next plan was to stamp it in versamark and then put white embossing powder on it. This worked, but was REALLY bright white and thick looking. Not really the look I was going for.

My last attempt was white craft ink with clear embossing powder on top. This worked fairly well and is was I ended up using on my card. I put o'so sticky tap (red liner tap) along the sides of the transparency and wrapped the edges around my layer and stuck it down. I liked the end result, but it doesn't really lay flat....at all. I am not wild about that part. I will play with it a bit more and see what I can come up with from here.
I also made the rivet way way harder than it should have been! I used a blender pen dipped in reinker to color the stamp (because of course, I used colors that don't come in a marker!). Then I went over it with a versamarker and clear embossing powder. I think it turned out cute, but silly how much effort went into a small circle.
Ok, it's late and I am tired. We'll see what I can do tomorrow when I am more awake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job Emily!
Lostie Debbie

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

I love your blog banner, did you make it yourself? It's gorgeous. :-)

Lesley said...

Emily, this is fab. If you're not happy about it not laying flat, you could always score the transparency before folding it. Thanks for sharing your mis-adventures. You've likely saved a bundle of Christmas cash for the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and fun blog. Try one of those little 'scrapers' from Pampered Chef to crease the transparency.

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! This is my first visit to your blog and am enjoying the recipes and of course, the adventures of your 3As (adorable, amusing, "angels').

Have your tried GENTLY scoring the transparencies before folding your edges over? That has been of help to me. I think you should submit this card somewhere - just gorgeous!

Prayers upstairs for you.