Sunday, December 3, 2006

Special Card


So I got an email that asked Matthew and I to write out something special for our Home Group leaders from this fall at Church. She suggested cream and gold themed stuff and said it could be a scroll style or a card or whatever. Well, of course I had to make a card! I didn't have much time so I reached for the roses in winter! I used vanilla cardstock and tried to stick to soft shades so the vanilla and the gold would still be the focus. I stamped linen in the background in caramel ink, then did almost amethyst roses on top. I used sage shadow for the leaves. I topped it off with some cream organdy ribbon and gold cord. I went around both vanilla layers with gold zig paint pen. This was different for me, I never use gold! I am much more a silver person. Anyway, I am pretty happy with the results, considering I did it at 11:30pm last night. My grandparents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary later this month, I may have to elaborate on this idea for them.
On a side note, bummer that Nebraska lost to OU last night. Cotton Bowl here we come, GO BIG RED!

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful Emily! Welcome to blogging. I didn't know you blogged either! LOL.

Rachel Hope said...

Lovely....I too am a silver girl, but this does look lovely with the gold!

Kimberly Geswein said...

this is gorgeous!! love the gold here! :)

Kendra Hernandez said...

this is gorgeous! i love it! i also always use silver, but the gold looks great too! :)