Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Apple Pie....YUM!

I love apple pie. A warm slice with ice cream....it's the best! I made two for Christmas dinner dessert. I use the pillsbury pie crusts, I made my own before....and it's just not worth the effort! They taste pretty similar, and it's so much easier! Last year, my dad got me the Pampered Chef apple corer, peeler, slicer thingie. I love it! It makes apple pie making a snap!


Here's the recipe I use....it's from my mother.


Apple Pie:


1 1/4 c sugar

1 1/2 T flour

salt

1 t cinnamon



Put bottom crust in pie plate and poke with fork. Combine all ingredients and mix. Add 5-6 granny smith apples (6-8 small ones). Mix together and pour into pie crust. Put top crust on. Brush with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.


Bake for 10 min at 425. Then lower temp to 350 and bake for 45-50 min.

3 comments:

Kendra Hernandez said...

this sound soooo yummy right now! I will have to give this a try :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I will have to try your recipe! We made apple quesadillas tonight for our dessert! I tweaked the recipe as I went...de-lish!

Ara said...

That looks and sounds delishy-o-so!! My hubby make yummy apple pies, I'll have to give him your recipe! Thanks for sharing Emily!