Monday, December 11, 2006

The Letter 'K'


So I have been so busy trying to get all the Christmas presents done for all the teachers. Andy's teacher has a long last name, so all the kids call her 'Mrs K'. I found this chipboard K at Recollections and thought it would be great for her desk or somewhere else in her classroom. It was pretty easy to make, I did it this afternoon.
I started by picking out some paper (Andy actually picked this paper out). This is from Basic Grey's Urban Couture line (one of my all time favorite paper lines!). I traced the letter on the paper and cut it out. I used mod podge to adhere the paper to the K. Then I mod podged over the paper.
To do the paint, I used Making Memories Acrylic Scrapbooking Paint. I love this paint. It comes in lots of colors, is easy to mix, and dries quickly. I used chocolate on this. I painted the back and all the sides and then a bit on the edges of the paper using a sponge brush. After the paint was dry, I painted the entire thing with mod podge.
Then I just picked some ribbons and tied them on! Really easy, and I think she'll like it. Now the boys each want one for their own names....of course, that means three A's!

4 comments:

Joy Madison said...

I've been trying to post with my real blogger ID and I don't think its letting me. I love the K! It is adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous and I love the paper. Tell Andy he did a great job picking it out. You know if Mrs. K can't find room for this, it would look great in my office :)
Kauai17

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Emily -- love the colors. Guess I better get to Recollections before they run out of A's, LOL!

StamperSharon

Tamara said...

Nice! Now I want to make one.