Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Grandma's Cookies



These are the easiest cookies ever! The reason we called them Grandma's Cookies is that when we were kids, my one Grandma always had them at the ready when we visited. She made them up in large batches and froze them. They are so so good when they are cold! They don't have to be stored in the fridge or freezer, but they are really good that way! I made the stick kind for the boys to take to their classmates. I hope they like them as much as we do!

Grandma's Cookies (Ritz cookies)

ritz crackers (round or sticks)

peanut butter

almond bark (baking chocolate or whatever it's called)

sprinkles (optional)

Make ritz crackers into peanut butter sandwiches. Melt chocolate (I use half white and have regular squares). Once melted, drop cracker sandwiches in one at a time and cover them with chocolate. Use tongs and place chocolate covered sandwich on wax paper. I usually place mine in the freezer to speed the 'setting' time of the chocolate. Then they are ready to eat!

3 comments:

Juliana said...

THIS is my kind of recipe!!

Yeah Grandma!! I will make these with my kids!! (Probably some pretzles, too!)

Thanks Emily!

Lesley said...

You can also use the tiny pre-fab Ritz pb sandwiches at the store to make these. I dip them in white candy coating (AKA almond bark) and they are to die for!

Kendra Hernandez said...

Yum! These sound so good and really easy too! TFS!