Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So are ya shopping today??



I am a true glutton for punishment....I took the 3 boys out shopping bright and early this morning. We got all the sale Christmas goodies. Lights for the house, wrapping paper, ornaments, etc. The boys each got something with a bit of their Christmas money. They were really really good too. And poor Adam was even a good sport about it. He tripped and fell into a dining room chair last night and bit almost through his cheek. He's ok, just a little puffy today. Really freaky though, you know how mouth wounds bleed so much.




Anyway, I had another Christmas gift to share with you all. I made these for my stepmom. I had intended the C to be for her office/stamp space at home and the H to be for her classroom at school. I made them with paper from the same line in case she wanted to display them together (which she said she does, so I am glad I did it that way!)








They were plain white wooden letters I bought at Michaels. I traced the letters onto the back of the patterned paper. Cut them out and modpodged them on to the letters. I sanded the edges and then sponged classic ink on to them. (I used vintage violet for these.) Then I sprayed them with sealant. (I use Plaid clear acrylic sealer - matte.) After that I just decorated with ribbons and flowers.
Please remember the diamond fold book contest ends tonight at 10pm CST. So far there is only 1 entry!
Okay, I am off to take my cold remedy cocktail again....I am really tired of being sick!

2 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

You ARE crazy....er...I mean a glutton for punishment...it was difficult for me to run into (for 1 hour) Michael's with just my 1.

Anonymous said...

Yay for after Christmas sales! I drug my two little shopping proteges with me to Target for 50% off wrapping paper and to get a pretty beaded table runner that I'd been drooling over. I hope you begin feeling better soon!