Friday, December 22, 2006

More on transparancies....SC103


Remember how I tried stamping on a transparency and it totally didn't work?!?! Well, the ones I stamped in white craft ink.....they dried! I used one today to try out Wednesday's sketch challenge - SC103. I know it's a little late, but at least I tried it, right? I kinda flubbed the sketch too....it said to have something stamped across the bottom. Oh well, I tried.

So this is a transparency stamped with white craft ink and given over one week to dry. I will try this with stazon one of these days and let you know. I also tried scoring it, gently, to see if it would fold onto the card better. And I stuck glue dots to the transparency to hold it to the card stock behind it. I put them under the panel that is outside the transparency so that they are not visible when the card is looked at. This helped a great deal in keeping a little more "flat".

I also used my very first STICKLES! They were in my Secret Sister gift from Jackie G. I put stardust stickles on the flowers. Just a tip....do not turn your work over and put glue on the back while the stickles are wet. I was not used to using them and totally did this. So that's why there are some strategically placed primas at the top of the scallop punch. I got a smudge of cranberry stained stickle up there. Not cool. I am very excited to have the chance to try stickles, but the jury is still out on how I feel about them. I am a Dazzling Diamonds girl at heart.

Overall, I am much happier with this transparency card. I am looking forward to using the ginormous box I have on many more trials with them. I'll let you know how it goes!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see it IRL. The colors are so pretty...and you can't tell that the primas are 'strategic'. Janet

Danita said...

Gorgeous card! Isn't it nice that we can cover our mistakes and no one but us knows we messed up? :)

Anonymous said...

Emily,
This card is so beautiful. You are so very talented!
Shelley Davis

twinks said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved this color combination- likewise with your frame giveaway. I used Stazon Opague Cotton White and it dried rather nicely and quickly. I must say getting the crease to stay was my problem - must go back to read what you wrote as I'm not sure if you said you placed that odd piece underneath the layering piece (something I'm thinking I just thought of now :D). Everytime I attempt something with these - I think of Kimberly and how I jumped at the chance to get in on the deal. Lynn (twinks on SCS)

twinks said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've always loved this color combination- likewise with your frame giveaway. I used Stazon Opague Cotton White and it dried rather nicely and quickly. I must say getting the crease to stay was my problem - must go back to read what you wrote as I'm not sure if you said you placed that odd piece underneath the layering piece (something I'm thinking I just thought of now :D). Everytime I attempt something with these - I think of Kimberly and how I jumped at the chance to get in on the deal. Lynn (twinks on SCS)

Raleigh Glass Cutting said...

Thoughtful blog, thanks for posting.