Monday, December 4, 2006

Color Challenge 91 and more...



So I was working on some cards for my stamp camp this week. I had picked up some of the Basic Grey Fruitcake papers a while back and decided to pull my colors for the color challenge from them. Here is the color challenge for this week! I think this is the first time I have done faux stitching in any color besides white! I think I also accidentally fit the sketch challenge from last week too, lol! It's not my favorite card, but I am extremely limited on my Christmas stamp set choices. I am cheating this year and sending a photo card. So I didn't buy any Christmas stamp sets. Well, the ladies from my class requested a Christmas themed class this month so I had to make due with what I have. I think this is also the first time I have used the Hodgepodge Hardware in a class!


This is another card for stamp camp this week. I did another version of this card last month and just decided to tweak it for camp. I had used black cardstock to stamp the greeting on last time, but I didn't want to do that for class. The drying time for white craft ink is too much for class. So I used a white card base. I cannot remember the last time I used a white base for a card! I am usually a layer freak. I am obsessed with piercing the little holes in the scallops from that punch. Then using the white gel pen to 'highlight' those piercings. I just think it is too cute. I really hope this card doesn't look too simple.
wow....I think I am obsessed with paper piercing and paisley. Almost all my cards use both! But seriously, don't they just work for everything?!?! Ok, I'll have to finish up the other 3 class cards tomorrow cause it's late. Night!

2 comments:

Coach Prentice said...

Aw, the penguins belly is too cute. I really like the look of the paper piercing on the scallops, too. Nice cards.

Kendra Hernandez said...

i love that penguin card! i just love using white cardstock for cards (although I don't do it very often lol) love that paper piercing too :)