Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! We have been up since 6:30am....the kids were a bit excited! We've had coffee cake, opened presents and now we are watching the burning log channel (the boys find this very boring - they do not get why we like it, lol!)





I thought I would share another Christmas gift today. My Dad asked for something to keep his cards in (I am always giving him extras from stamp camp, etc for him to use). Of course I had to make him a tin! Now, I've never made a Man tin before....I really didn't know where to start! I picked some "manly" basic grey papers and painted the top navy blue. I put ribbon around the tin, but use a bit of hemp as well. I also knotted hemp on the handle instead of lots of ribbons.






I've never done dividers for inside a tin, but I whipped these up late the other night. Very, very simple. I cut cardstock to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2. Then I used SU's large oval punch. I wrote the category on the oval and glued it one the cardstock. Quick, easy, and serviceable.



I am going to take my cold cocktail (mucinex, sudafed and tylenol - yes, I am still sick) and then start on some of the cooking. I promise to wash my hands lots and lots. I'll make Matthew make the stuff I actually have to touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's fabulously manly, Emily!! I'll bet he loved it. :o)