Friday, January 26, 2007

January Stamp Camp



Last night I held my monthly stamp camp. We made these 5 cards. I tried to do one 'fun' valentine and one more elegant valentine. We also did a pocket note. I love those! This is a copy of the first pocket note I made, so nothing new there. I did the cool caribbean 'friend' card a few weeks ago as well. Only the Valentine cards and the Birthday Beauty card are new.


The Birthday Beauty card was for my older sister. She bought the set a few months ago and asked me to do something with it. Well, I did this and I am not that thrilled with it. But it was late at night and the mojo just wasn't there. I used bohemia floral paper, chocolate chip and white. I stamped her in timber brown stazon and colored her in with the retired Rose Romance ink. (I hate regal rose and will ever mourn the loss or rose romance, lol!) I sparkled her up with DD glitter on her crown and sash. I had pink circles on her cheeks, but Matthew said that looked stupid. He's a guy, what does he know?!?!


I got ready to do this camp and realized I had NO valentine stamps. So I went to the store. Three of them. Nothing. At least, nothing cute. So I ended up with this $1 stamp from Michael's. It worked. I used Basic Grey Blush paper and blush blossom cardstock. The Mega Scalloped circle is close to cocoa. I used a 2 way glue pen and Dazzling Diamond glitter to do the sparkles. I colored the stamp in with markers. Aquapainters are my coloring method of choice, but they take too long at a stamp camp.


The last card is one that used a previous sketch challenge. I used cranberry crisp cardstock (which I did not realize I was almost out of! My older sister rescued me and gave me 10 sheets so I would have enough.) for the base of the card. I stamped paisley on it in versamark. I used my coluzzle to cut the largest oval out of the Blush paper. I cut the ovals in half to look like a half circle. I sponged chocolate chip on the edges of the circle and the main image as well. I used cranberry crisp, mellow moss and pretty in pink to do the flowers. Linen was stamped on the white panel first in sahara sand. Grosgrain ribbon tied around the main image completed the look. Of course, it is popped up on dimensionals as well. The sentiment "truly, madly, deeply" is from A Muse.


Ok, gotta get ready for hockey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come to your camp! These are all adorable!!!!
kauai17

snarflemarfle said...

Ok, seriously, you make me wanna stamp! Good thing my neighbor/demo is having stamp camp tomorrow!