Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Another Letter


I made this for my sister-in-law.......actually, she's my ex-step-sister-in-law.....so I'll just say I made this for my friend. Cause that's what we really are now. Anyway, she is moving into her new house this month. She'll have her very own stamp/crap room! Of course she is doing a pink motif.....so I made her first little decoration for her new room! I am finally seeing her today so I can finally post this. It was her Christmas present, but we haven't been able to get together until today. I hope she likes it!


I got this T at Recollections. I mod podged it and adhered the polka dotted paper. I did the paper so the lines would be diagonal - this way there would be more room for error when lining it up. I then painted the sides and back gray (and the edges) using Making Memories scrapbooking acrylic paints. (I cannot love these more!) Then I mod podged the whole thing and added some embellishments. I made sure I got a nice large jewel in the center of the flower layers, Tiff loves her bling. I used different sizes of primas to layer for the flowers and then some ribbons. I stuck them down with a combo of crystal effects and Pop Up glue dots, I didn't want those suckers coming off! And that's it!
Hope y'all have a great day!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Congrats Emily!! I just Loooove the floral ones especially, but they are all so cute...OH, I mean, I ESPECIALLY like the dotted one with your 3 cute boys in it, LOL!! Really...cutie patooties :)
Can't wait to see the tutorial. I'm sure you did an awesome job. Hope you're feeling waay better by now. That stuff really knocks ya down, doesn't it?

Kristine said...

And YES...cool Caribbean is the coolest :)hehe