Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hard Day...

I am working on a tutorial for a Diamond Fold Book. I will be teaching a class on them this Saturday. I was hoping it would be up tonight, but it may be a few days. I have been having bad back/hip pain for awhile now. After seeing several doctors, having x-rays, an MRI and various injections....I scheduled myself an appointment with a rheumatologist. That appointment was today.

Wow, I am so overwhelmed. I had an injection in my hip today. I was given all new meds. I am also going to get some mega blood work and such done. It is most likely some kind of arthritis. He kept saying I was too young to have this (I am 28). Of course, all the doctors thus far have said this is what it could not be because I am too young. Well, we'll know for sure after the blood work what type of arthritis it is and then how to treat it. He is also encouraging me to try a new diet - little to no trans fats. This means that my 3 favorite foods - milk chocolate, bread (specifically, yummy yeast rolls), and steak - will not be for me. I will definitely need to think this one over for awhile. I almost think I'd rather be in pain and be able to eat chocolate!

So anyway, I am going to go process this with my sweet husband. I might get the tutorial up tomorrow, but we'll see.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Hi Emily,

I love your stamping style. Roses In Winter is my fav set as well. I have been stamping since the mid-90's and I have been a demo since 2004.
I read your story and about the arthritis. My BIL shattered his pelvis when he was 15 from a serious car accident, I met him when he was 19 and all he could do was lie down or stand for a short period of time. After years of this, and trying everything to get rid of the pain, they finally discovered that he had severe rheumatoid arthritis. He found a wonderful network marketing company and tried their magnetic products. In short, he is without the severe pain but still has moderate pain (for him moderate but would be high for others), he has run a shrub farm, gotten married, had kids, and has now sold his farm. He is living a mostly normal life. I am sharing this with you because you never know when someone's story may help someone else, you may want to check out this company and see if their products might help you out. It is called Nikken and has truly turned his life around. He also took a herbal product called glusosamine sulfate (not sure about the spelling).

I hope you find something to help with the pain.
Sincerely,
Marcia (mkfroese2001 - SCS)

Coach Prentice said...

There is nothing worse than being in pain and still having to function...especially with three small boys who don't always understand. I'm sorry you are going through this and hope you find some answers soon.
Janet (Jessica'sMom-SCS)

Lesley said...

Emily, I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. I went through that last year and it was awful. I ended up going to an OD (Doctor of Osteopathy) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Osteopathy and he was wonderful! No problems since. Might see if there are any in your area. Hoosierstamper - SCS